Sunday, 18 October 2009

Tiring Day with a Happy Ending?

Hmmm~ went to bed early last night (11.45pm!) coz was super tired...But ended up not sleeping in peace =.=||| Don't ask me why!!!

Anyway, today's 1st song lead session at Sunday school was a bit bleah~ a.k.a. I couldn't get the children to really immerse into the worship...hmmm~

1. My backup singers were late and they got confused during the actual time when I divided the singing into parts.

2. Person in charge of sound system didn't come until 8.30am which was the time I'm supposed to start.

3. Drummer didn't come and never notified anyone.

4. Children were all uncooperative and sulky or silly and noisy.

5. Discovered one of the songs I was going to lead was not in the PowerPoint slides.

6. No mike stand available and mikes were problematic - faulty. Was running late when everything was finally sorted out...

7. Mike plug kept coming out when I was talking or singing and the kids laughed at me.


Feeling very exhausted and a bit dishearted because I'd prepared everything properly, I was relieved to find the children in my first class(morning session) in a relatively teachable mood. I was initially a little worried as I only prepared discussion questions(serious topic) and there were no little rewards or presents(bribes I normally use for disciplinary purposes), not even any interesting objects for them to finger. BUT they still listened and joined in the entire session!!! Praise God!!!

Went to eat breakfast at the Chicken Rice place near my church during the break in between morning and afternoon sessions. HA! I discovered a cheap way to save money!!! Order a bowl of curry hor fun( Rm 2 only becoz it only has pork fat(which I don't eat) and the Tofu Bok thingie with parsley which I omitted, no meat), then add on two pork balls as a side dish for meat (RM 1 something if I'm not mistaken)...Cheaper than eating pork ball Hor Fun on itself! Coz eating at the plce is normally very pricey. I'm serious!

Haha~ went back to church climbing up those fleet of 4 floors with a sinking heart.Oh! How I wish city kids were as lovable(easy to love) as those in my hometown!!! I prayed for God to give me patience to deal with them and learn to love and accept them the way they are. Even if they might make me annoyed on purpose just to test me >.<

Hmmm~ whilst I was panting my way up the stairs for the afternoon session, my thoughts lingered on the memory of that tall and lanky girl in my class, who always looks sad, super pale, SUPER DUPER-LY skinny, is ever unwilling to respond, slow in learning and erm~ plain looking. That last description was put, NOT because I wish to be mean or judgmental(being not pretty myself)but I just want to make a point. As much as I wish to love kids, understand them and accept them, sometimes it's just harder to love some more than the others. I hate myself for simply being "human" like this, but it's so true! At this moment God spoke to me.

HE said, "Look at this child, think how many people pass by her each day, thinking she is just anti-social, uninteresting and even stubborn at times. Her parents think this, her teachers think this, she has no friends because they TOO, think her not worth knowing. She feels bad, she feels useless but she doesn't know how to change. Are you willing to give her a chance? To know her more, show her more concern and help her experience the love of Me you yourself have felt?"

I was speechless. I'm still learning but I'm willing to try, I'm willing to let Him lead me and teach me more everyday. After all, as we sing in the song "Casting Crowns"

Who am I?
That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt.
Who am I?
That the bright and morning star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wondering heart.

Not because of who I am.
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done.
But because of who you are.

Father, I have laid my life down before you. Mold me, shape me and use me I pray~


***
Anyway, second session in the afternoon was good though. I could manage the children even without the help of any backup singers. The children were all smaller and they responded happily when I taught them the actions and songs. Also provided very encouraging feedback when I gave them eye contact. Praise God! Then in class, my little monkeys were very controllable though not very responsive...hmmm~ Oh well, at least I got the message across clearly ~ XD As Yen Yee has taught me, after everything I do, remember to learn from what can be improved on and be encouraged by those(even if there are precious few) children who really have the heart to learn.

Hmmmm~ twas a super long tiring day and the greatest consolation of all was -
*
*
*
*
*
*
TADAH!
*
*
*
*
*
I've painted by toenails BARBIE PINK!!@!@!@! XD


(***picture is just to show what colour I've got on now)

Okay, you're probably thinking what the fish now but who cares? I'm happy and it's little things like this which makes up life's pleasures right? Each to his or her own taste ^@^!!!)

Fine, if you think that doesn't count as a TRULY happy thing worth jumping up and down for, here's another piece of news. I'm happy coz MANY people thought I was 16 or 17 today!!! (okay, that is Mable's age but who cares? They really thought so!!!) I strongly suspect it had something to do with my wearing this cartoonish Sunday School Uniform. Some ushers who came in after my afternoon song leading session stopped me and asked me how old I was...Expecting the usual "oh, I thought you were 23!@!@!@!", I reported my true age - 21 and they looked so so Soooo shocked! "But you LOOK like a secondary school kid!" they exclaimed. "21??? That seems impossible! You mean you're in university now?" they continued whilst I did my best not to look so overjoyed at the prospect of someone ACTUALLY thinking I'm REALLY younger than my actual age. After that, I consequently met quite a few people(on different occasions) who all thought I was 16 or 17 when they spoke to me...XD

To tell the truth, I'm so dead sick of everyone thinking I'm two or three years older than my actual age. I'm born in 1988, so what? I can't help looking mature coz I MIX with people mostly born in 1986 and I need to keep up with them right? Seriously, so many people, even in my CF thought I was 23 or something...It's alright if I AM whatever age they mention, but it's a bit sad if people keep thinking I'm older than I am, thus expecting me to behave super maturely(since the age of 8~ =.=|||)...And don't pacify me by the statement "being mature is good" or something similar to that because seriously speaking, it doesn't work for me.

Was watching some old childhood videos with my grandfather who thought I was 11 years old when that clip was recorded when I was only 7 !@!@!!!Me and my elder sis who's a year older than me(but always gets mistaken for being the younger one) were indeed, tall for our age back then but I can't help it that I grew up fast and reached puberty early. Does this mean I was not a cute kid after the age of 7? *sobz~


BACK TO THE TOPIC -

Bleah~ I've finished my dinner - Mamee duck noodles with minced chicken and mixed vege...So gotta wash up, bathe and then rush my chapter 3(Final Year Project)by tonight~

Have class tomorrow from 8.30am to 6pm...>.< What a wonderful start to a new semester~!

No comments: