Saturday, 24 October 2009

Empty Promises

We often forget that as much as we have the right and special privilege as God's children to claim His promises in the bible, so does God have the right to claim from us promises we have made but forgotten to do anything about it.

Haha~ That's what happened to me.

It's all very well for us to always live happily under God's promises.



But many times, we ourselves make empty promises to God yet expecting HIM to keep His promises to us.

How would we feel if our God, like us, always uses the excuse of "Oh, I've made so many promises in my life, how am I supposed to remember all of them?"

Well, that would be disastrous wouldn't it? Taking into consideration God's promises were made so many thousands of years ago, HE could very well have the right to say "Well, policies have changed" or "promises made are prior to changing without notice" OR even simply " What I have said THEN may not mean what I would like to say NOW"...and so on~



Anyway, here's what happened to me. Recently after returning back from CF camp, I was all on fire for God...then as usual, when stress and reality came toppling down on the scene, I backslided again. However, even so, throughout the process, I found burdens to approach certain people, certain issues I would normally be uncomfortable to deal with...some related to my past experience, some totally unrelated but all happening at one time.

Even a few days ago, I had this strange burden in my heart after reading a sister's blog. It was like a "shot" direct at my heart. It's you. But I told myself, no, it's kinda impossible coz we're not really like chatting everyday or what, why in the world would it be ME she would want to talk about? There's so many people that would fit into that category, so many others stronger than me. Seriously, kinda illogical for anyone to look to me for advice or anything. No kidding. But then, this afternoon itself in class, I suddenly had this strange recollection of the post I had read and at that moment, there was this super strong feeling that told me, "it IS you". And I told God, "Well, if it REALLY really is me, then the person would approach me yea~"..."That would be a clear sign it is from you", I made this pact with God.

And I went home after school to find an email from Facebook from the exact person. So erm~ I must say, God works in miraculous ways.

Hmmm~As a person normally used to seeking advice from people, I asked God why? I couldn't deny it was HIS will and timing for letting these people into my life. But I wondered, Why at this time? Why is this happening even when I'm not strong enough? What if I misled that person? It would be a big responsibility...

And then of course, as usual, I called the teletubby for advice coz I was really so confused. (Sorry teletubby for always troubling you >.<...like a few times a week to be exact...which is quite often I must say)

He gave me two questions to ponder first as he is actually attending a wedding dinner at the moment (>.< See I told you I always bother him regardless of it being day or night~)

Q1. Which bible character (recorded in The Book) was TRULY ready and well set when God called him/her or used him/her?

Q2. Try to reflect and recall, what are the promises you have made to God this year?


And then, as soon as I put down the phone, Question number 2 hit me so hard I just had to blog this out. (Despite all the posts I still hutang I know)

You know, this year itself, I made so~ many promises to God. It's horrible in the sense that I can't remember all of them. But I remember most of them were to do with "Giving up my life to Him and asking Him to let me be a blessing to others", " Use me anytime, anywhere" and also " Equip me to be a vessel that is pleasing in Your eyes"...

All this while, I thought I'd never be really used by Him until the day comes when I join full-time-ministry bla bla bla~ and since He told me that day would not come in the near future (this year at least) and told me to equip myself first, I thought I'd never truly be able to be of much use or contribution in my daily life. Coz seriously, I'm a person of low leadership capabilities(though a good follower) and my sisters would not believe this, but at school and church, I'm used to being a person bossed around by others and given little respect(in terms of my opinion and stand) other than when it comes to anything academic, writing, recording or something lidat =.=||| ~ It's true! (Though I know this situation differs from our home church or even within my family...YES I KNOW.)

Anyway, BACK TO THE TOPIC (realize I'm using this phrase in every recent post now herh) -

God told me,

1. It's not what you can do, it's what I can do through your life if you're willing.

2. It's not whether you're ready to do this and that, but whether you are ready to give up your life, your decisions, your planning to me.

3. I love you, and I remember you asking me to help you love others like I have loved you, no matter how hard it has been, is now, and will be...


Yes Father, I understand now~

No comments: