Monday, 23 July 2012

Lesson on Waiting Again

Side track a bit first.

Today really so touched...Because 

1. We saw God's grace and power during our Door-to-Door mission after church and yes, when we surrender all control unto Him, our one Living God, He works miracles for real!

2. This one is happy and touched. Erm, for those who don't know. Popo is staying with Yee Po at Cheras, Taman Connaught until she finishes her first few rounds of checkup.
Anyway, had a long day at church as we had Morning service, Sunday School, Sunday School Children's Choir and then Door-to-door mission until 3.30pm after that. So everyone was really tired.

Was going to take a cab to go Cheras after 3.30pm when everything was done. But brother CL was so kind, he offered to fetch me there, and visit together with me. (Confirm tired punya orang, coz he was working half day on Saturday, and then had to go to Klang for the inter-church(Selangor District) Captain Ball match after that sampai malam last night baru sampai rumah...but still... (T_T) ...I have many angels around me, seriously God, what did I do to deserve all this?)

So okay, yea, I gave mis-leading instructions and we got lost thanks to my stroke of genius in Recognizing "familiar routes".  Then I managed to make Ah Gong and Yee Po anxious or kan cheong. (*punches self in face)Moral of the story? Nobody should ever listen to me when it comes to directing roads...haha!

But we had a great fellowship time with funny stories, a mountain of nicely-cut mixed fruits and Chinese tea, plus Chat-Time and Cakes from our side... But really very touched la, coz we're so happy to see each other and there was no awkward moment! CL really blessed with talent to talk with elderly people la! I was so worried(silently punya), initially on how to break the ice. (*another silent remark: Or that the elder folks would somehow mistake CL to be my bf or something silly like that...(Coz popo recently worried about my future, as in, marriage horh! Not because I am a suspicious character...*defensive) But phew!(*wipes sweat) No! Everyone got on wonderfully. Without any misunderstanding lagi. (*silent: Thank you God again!) And we kind of talked for around 2 hours leh! I think I talked too much actually. But erm...I think everyone enjoyed themselves! (At least I think la okay) So me sooo happy and grateful I feel like crying again. :'(

Update: Popo's well and so is ah gong. Actually started walking around the whole house(minus stairs) for exercise as per Doc's instruction. She looks very healthy too! And happy. No problem in bathing or etc. Apparently, Kow Fu, Kow Mou and Sarah also came to visit her from Singapore yesterday. :)

WALAO I'm sleepy and I promised to sleep at 12am as a responsible person. Am actually online here to reward myself for another successful day of keeping to my devotion and disciple self-made notes which really helps me enjoy my quiet time with God. I never used to be this systematic and serious in studying His word so deeply.

So guess what? I think I'm gonna end this post. 

WAIT! What's with the title you say?

Oh! Hahahaha! I was sharing with CL today during dinner. On my current problem. And back at home, while crying over Mable's post again after re-reading, I found this post I wrote for myself after a particular 圣灵感动 incident. And yay, it should be helpful to me again.

CLICK HERE TO READ

Okay, so if you know me, yeap...the title says everything la. No need for elaboration liao. Thank you. No hidden words/ meaning, no nothing in this particular post. Coz I just realised today that 傻瓜就是我. (Okay fine, this is some private joke with a brother =______+)

Okay la, don't feel cheated. I did intend to do some elaboration but me sleepy. No, make that Sleepy...or SLEEPY. (Oh yes! Capslock is the effect I want.)

Oh, fine, before I end. I'm not done YET. I'm excited! Coz this week I'm going to post a parcel to Ah Yap gor gor (From Luther House chapel choir last time, the one who was "in charge" of fetching me, the pianist and always takut I go hungry punya...haha). He is married and his newborn baby is going to be one-month old soon!

We kind of lost touch after we moved to different churches. But hey, Thank You God for the invention of Facebook! So I'm going to get baby baju and post to his address(just given to me) with a card. The reason I'm actually THIS excited is because the baby's name is...

GUESS WHAT?

DAWN!

Yes, Dawn, because she was their first born. 

And got chinese meaning somemore leh. 中文名是葉曈

曈  拼音:tóng,  
〔曈曈〕a.日出很明亮的样子;b.目光闪烁的样子。
〔曈昽〕天将亮的样子。
曈曈
tóngtóng
〖bright〗∶日出时光亮的样子
〖(ofeyes)glistening〗∶〖目光〗闪烁的样子
曈昽
tónglóng
〖twilightofdaybreak〗太阳初出由暗而明的光景
情曈昽而弥鲜。——陆机《文赋》
 


*abstract copy-pasted from FB conversation

I still haven't got to the part where I got excited.

THIS MEANS, Dawn gets to post a parcel within a parcel entitled as such:

"With Love from Dawn to Princess Dawn"

(Was considering the use of Auntie in the former but decided against it...hehe)

Okay, I know some people think I always get people small stuff/ presents and waste my money, but recently a speaker shared that different people have different Love Languages. And then I wanted to cry after knowing. Coz I used to feel so stupid and lacking in self-control but couldn't help doing so. After understanding all the reasons behind this theory, I felt so relieved that I burst into tears suddenly. =.=||| But then, I often burst into tears quite easily, so no biggie.  

Apparently, different people have different Love Languages(ways to show you love and care about other people AND ways you hope others show their love and appreciation for you)

Yes, the love language you use, and hope to listen to can be different. It differs according to different people as well.  

My Love Language That I Use For Others is:
 The Giving of Presents/ Material Stuff. (To show that I appreciate/ care/ comfort...)

But The Love Language I Hope to Receive From Others :
Time(spent with me) AND Verbal Affirmation.

So what's YOUR love language?  

No comments: