Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Of Jeggings and Such

Let's talk about the bad stuff first.

Today was the first time I faced a financial-related conflict at work. Not much. But it did make the atmosphere feel a bit bad.

Last week, X told me to get some fresh milk for her. The gigantic-sized type. It would typically cost around RM 19.90, And because she's just nice like that, she gave me RM50 beforehand just in case I didn't have enough cash. So happened the stock she wanted was out of stock. So I couldn't get it for her.

Today I was passing through Carrefour again, so she asked me to buy coffee for her house this time. Then she asked me about the RM 50 last time coz she didn't remember me giving it back to her.

I may be blur, but I remember quite distinctly that I did. And what I told her. That sorry, the milk was out of stock and here is her RM 50 back. She was talking to all of us at the same time, so I am not sure exactly whether she put the money back into her purse.

I really think I did return it to her. Coz normally, if you know me,  I don't hold other people's money for long. It makes me feel uncomfortable. And I remember folding her RM 50 note away in my wallet at another side, once I knew I needed to return it to her.

She said she didn't remember my passing it back to her. And after a while, I couldn't be 100% sure as well. So I asked her whether she remembered that I really didn't pass any money to her. Then she said Cham Liao. We both couldn't remember the exact day the incident occurred. And the other colleagues, upon hearing our predicament, offered to rewind the CCTV recording in office to see. The thing is, we girls pass money to each other for food, groceries and little stuff, every day. So how to see clearly what note we are passing right. So it would be pointless anyway.

Anyway, to make things better. Since I also can't be 100% sure whether I did indeed pass the money to her, or not. (Though I'm quite sure I did)...I took out another RM50, just in case and let bygones be bygones. I mean RM50 is not such a big deal enough to destroy any friendship marh. And better give more a bit than take other innocent people's money right. Though yes, true la, it's not too small an amount either.

But then, I bear in mind that she's always been such a very nice friend in terms of being un-calculative and generous in many ways. She's always the first to volunteer to help us in anyway, and go out of convenience to being nice to everyone.

So yea, RM 50 given. I thought the matter would be settled. Coz it's that simple marh. Aiyo, no biggie really.

But then, after a while, she began to get very upset, just in case she had indeed forgotten and took the amount twice. She didn't voice it out, but looked really uncomfortable and grew silent. Then when it was lunch time, she said she had no appetite for lunch, and really didn't eat! (T_T) And she couldn't carry a proper conversation with me the whole day. It was THAT awkward to her.

If it was someone else, never mind. But, I know her, she's very proud and kind, and very scared and worried about our financial difficulties punya, I mean, normally if we split a sum, and it cannot be equaled, she's always the one to let herself rugi. Or if let's say, visitors come and we have no "belanja allowance", she always tells us that it's okay, she wants to belanja. But we know it's coz she is considering that our pay is lower than hers and so on...How nice is a person like that! 

So yea...the incident upset me. And she was not cheerful and talkative and happy as usual. :'(  I mean, I also don't mind liao marh...I behaved very normally, and she did seem to relax a tiny bit more when I initiated erm...normality? >.< But I want things to be good like before!

OKAY, unhappy incident aside. Let's talk about my random shopping today. You see, Gail's birthday is coming around the corner and since we're both working and she requested for jeans, so might as well go check out jeans.

I'm not the type of jeans girl. And I only wear jeans during such occasions:

1. Short mission trip(because no shorts are allowed >.<)
2. Camps (Same reason as above)
3. When I teach Sunday School(have to sit on the floor) or have to song lead(Dance)

So yea...once in a blue moon, I check out jeans. But all my jeans are still in good condition coz the days they are worn can be marked.

But yea, I FOUND OUT that I CANNOT FIT into size 24 or size 0 jeans anymore! And small-sized jeans CANNOT be found in 8 out of 10 shops! Walao! Petite people don't need to wear jeans anymore isit?

So yea, when I finally found my targets, I then REALIZED that I CANNOT try them on for Gail coz my hips are TOO BIG for her sizes! (T_T) Quite upsetting to realize I've grown out of the "skinny zone" and stepped into the more erm... curvaceous side. I mean, my hips okay. But then I'm not hating it la. Better for errr...childbirth right? And I definitely look more healthy. No, don't judge me. I'm not fat. My waist is still relatively small, standing at around 25 to a maximum of 26 inches. But my hips are...better not say la.

Anyway, later after going through some selection. Randomly came across a pair of Jeggings(jeans leggings) in a size 3(dunno which country's measurement seriously). And I tried it on, coz in FOS, that is already the smallest size. (I used to be a size 0 too, then went up one size to size 2(numbers jump to even numbers for ladies, meaning 0 then 2, then 4, then 6 and so on...) It was only RM39 actually, like the cheapest in the entire store, so that's what attracted me. Okay, here's the thing. IT WAS SO COMFORTABLE I ACTUALLY came close to tearing when I pulled them up without any squeezing, tagging or pulling! Yes, I WANTED TO CRY IN THE CHANGING ROOM coz I felt like I could SLEEP in this pair of jeggings! It was THAT comfortably okay!

It's been since...forever that any jeans didn't tug on my skin and yet makes my legs so slim and hugs my curves this well! (T_T) And then yea, I realised I've been torturing myself all this while by forcing my Bigger Self into my old jeans(still in very good condition though) that are one or two sizes too small for me! Coz I'm just too kedekut to invest on jeans that I so seldom wear, and dislike wearing at that.

Anyway, today I got myself in total, two pairs of jeans. So that besides buying Gail her pair of new jeans, and other random stuff for her presents. I can actually do something that I should have done much earlier. Which is Kuasakan my two pair of Skinny SKINNY very skinny jeans to her when she comes back. Erm...coz I'm not very sure Mable will fit into the second-hand jeans. She's more petite than me, but Gail is definitely the mini one. I now feel like a Giant beside them, coz I'm like almost, 8kgs more heavier than Gail leh! EIGHT!

Okay, devotion time liao devotion time. K thanks for reading, byebye.

No comments: