Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Old Ladies and a Wonderful Farewell Party

*** Fore note : Please excuse the weirdness of this post as I finished half of it, then was too tired to continue with the long story so put it off until now =p

Dated 28 September 2009 - somewhere around midnight.

Monologue :
My body is aching all over now...I'm serious...satu side backache,satu leg cannot lift or bend properly without causing me agony...and here's the story of how it happened...

It all started with the planning of a CF BBQ Farewell party by brother Michael XD ...and it kind of really kicked off(started) with me and dear Jane being selected to shop and prepare the food because we were one of the few who had finished our exams ...So we met at Carrefour, Midvalley at 2pm after our church service.

During the previous night, I had only 3 hours sleep coz I was kind of on "high mood" preparing for my sunday school song actions and teaching materials. And then I had two sessions of (quoting my drummer) super vigorous "GEK" (in cantonese) praise and worship with the kids. Okay, but then, the cute "cast your burdens on Jesus" song is really nice to dance to once I got inspired. Just that the "Hiyah Hiyah and Lowah Lowah" motions had me panting in a while, and the teachers and kids gasping for breath after some time. I kept urging the kids, "I'm TEN years older than you so if I can do this, you certainly can!!!" ...and then, Yen Yee told me, that she was whispering to the teacher beside her that "If she's Ten, we're TWENTY, and we're still doing this dancing up and down!!!" LOL! Poor teachers~!!!

BACK TO THE TOPIC.

Pre-Party Post :


Part 1 -
Well, me and Jane happily shopped about and with much fussy picking, chose two huge watermelons, cordial, 30 chicken pieces, hotdogs, spices, big tin of planta,and the essentials like paper plates, cups and napkins. OH! I chicken-ed out literally when I saw the chicken pieces!!! EWWWWW~ Okay, it's kind of a psychological factor I guess but the sight of so many disembodied chicken limbs lying on the ice freaked me out and made me shudder...I mean, I seriously don't mind marinating raw chicken or cooking it so much...but picking and choosing the flabby wet pink and slightly grey or light yellow flesh reminds me of corpses...So, poor poor Jane (who disliked doing this as well) had to pick out 15 wings and 15 drumsticks whilst I winced and held on to the trolley.

"I'm never going to be a good mother or wife Jane!" I wailed to her.

" We don't want to be housewives...we can't be good housewives...!!!" we moaned together.

Oh, on a happy note, SAMBIL LALU(on the way) before shopping for the paper plates and cups, I managed to get a RM 6 nice light pink pyjama bottom for me to sleep in during the camp. (*this line is dedicated to poor Debbie who put up with me hunting high and low for a reasonable priced piece last week when we went out after my exams...WOOHOO!!! RM 6...and poor Jane had to endure my whining over pieces that were NOT pink and after that talking non-stop about how much I love my new bargain over and over again...:p)You might think it sounds stupid, but for those who don't know, I OVER spring cleaned my wardrobe and except for my jeans, I seriously can't find any set of bottoms that can be taken to a cold place like Genting to sleep in. And everyone knows I only wear nighties nowadays when I sleep at home. Coz it makes me feel more feminine and puts me in a better mood to pig peacefully. This is a lame excuse but it's true!

So there were me and Jane pushing the super heavy trolley along and ready to cry coz the parcels were super super heavy!!! No kidding! I called to wail LOUDLY to Mike on the phone and Jane kept inspiring me "We're doing this for Christ! We're doing this for Jesus!" and I turned this to " Lord, we're picking out watermelons for you, choosing chicken limbs for you and pushing this trolley through the sea of people for you!!!" ...and then we both laughed and laughed.Okay, actually, the big crowd of people was a bit alarming..I'd never seen such a scene of "people mountain people sea"(in chinese)...HORRIBLE TERRIBLE VEGETABLE!!!

Things were even less funny when we had to push the trolley into the crowd to go to Jusco because Carrefour had no paper cups. Again, people mountain people sea, we call it in direct translation of chinese...every centimeter we covered, there were people brushing against you, pushing at you and the lining up to pay at counters was a horrific sight!!

"Ngeh Ngeh(Hokkien)lai la~" said Jane to me as we nearly shoved our trolley into someone's butt. Hahahaaha~ We went up the escalator to reach the ground floor where we could catch a taxi and although we BOTH pushed together, that dratted trolley was so SOOooo heavy it slided down instantaneously!!! I shoved at it with my hands and used my STOMACHE to tahan whilst Jane lunged at it like a power puff girl~ What an experience!!!" I don't want to be an auntie! We don't want to be aunties!ahaaaaaaaaa~"

Part 2 -
When we somehow made it back to Jane's house in section 17, I thought I had really grown old and feeble coz I COULD NOT, seriously balance the two watermelons and a container of cordial with one hand whilst carrying another bag of miscellaneous items (snacks, paper plates and etc)...That, at least was my perception until me and Jane "waddled" into the kitchen and discovered the stickers on the watermelons...WAaaaaaa! Itu dua biji watermelon alone weighed more than 10kgs...and if you know our fitness condition, you would think it a great feat for me to carry such a heavy load even for a short distance. We were real full-fledged Powerpuff girls!!! No kidding! Then Mike and En Yi(the experts) who were there helped us in the marination of the chicken pieces. It was FUN!@!@!@!! And Jane was very very generous with the soy sauce...LOL!!!!

ANYWAY it was ALL super super Duper Worth it in the end!!!

Party Time -

On the day itself, we girls, Mike and Isaiah, arrived early to see apa boleh buat atau help out and Jane, Isaiah and Me stuffed ourselves FULL with the stupid deceiving humongous fruits in the process of cutting them coz one of them was HALF DRY inside and we didn't really want to waste so much by throwing it away!!! *Felt Cheated~ *** screams : WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK ~~~!!!

Then Dai Ga Jie and the rest arrived...Wheee~!!! Good food, great fun and awesome company!!!! The boys were wonderful, the way the worked together, sweating and toiling to get the fire started! Cheers to you! And the girls were all Sweet the way we served each other drinks and food and took care of everyone~ I love you all to bits!!!! And yea, all of us were half full with watermelon AND chips before the feast started coz we were waiting for the fire~LOL! The thing is, we all loved every single moment and we'll treasure this memory in our hearts forever! Thanks MIKE again for organizing, getting all the equipment, gathering us people and buying us potatoes!!! Also, credits to Esther and Irene who had to trip back home to get us a tin opener, Eddy who got us tin foil to bake the last minute item on the menu~ Jane and her housemates who provided the loan of their house for us to use during the entire session (fridge, place, utensils, time...and yea, Jane's housemate Patrick gave us a box of MOONCAKES!!!!) Also, we wish to say a BIG Thank You to our Praise and Worship team for a wonderful time of songs and fun!!! Isaiah, Eu Tjin, Brian, Ian(sifu), Jane and Joycelin~ AND And and, thanks to Joycelin and Susanna, we had a few rounds of simple yet meaningful games which made everyone narrowly miss laughing the house down! All at midnight~!!! Oh~ Must not forget brother Paul, who despite a series of unfortunate incidents managed to come before we ended the party~

Last but not least, after all the food, songs and games, we had a heartwarming sharing session...



Hmmm~ Having started off together in the same batch, I'll miss you loads~ Ian, Irene, Juliana and Eddy~!!! Four wonderful people who have touched my life in this short few years we spent together in Uni...i'll never forget the days we spent together as a bunch of new committees in CF, the way we all served together, shared together, the pillow-talk nights we girls spent together during retreat in Port Dickson, Shah Alam, Cameron Highlands and CF camp 2009~ Precious moments we laughed together, cried together~

***DEDICATIONS - ***

Ian :
You were always a leader of inspiration to me, with big dreams, big hopes and a strong foundation in the word of God. You were never afraid to take the lead, was always a great planner and I believe that God has chosen you to do great things for Him in the future~ Shall always remember the times you used to try so hard to find out more about us members, our lives, our studies, our future dreams and ambitions...and you managed to remember our backgrounds and took it at heart to show warmth and care whenever you could...Also, thank you for offering your time and petrol in ferrying us around CF gatherings and meetings!!! Will continue to pray for your future ministry and may we keep in touch~ !

Irene :
Dear Dai Ga Jie, out of all the four brothers and sisters leaving us, you've been the one who is closest to all of us and I'll treasure the moments you were always there whenever we were in need, remember and follow the way you showed us to serve with a humble and cheerful giving heart. I remember the time when Darren went for industrial training, how, despite how busy you were, you managed to attend all Cell Groups and Meetings faithfully, welcomed and took note of all the new comers, booked projectors, set up laptops, arranged chairs, prepared to share and lead...all these in the Love of God...Shall also keep those fond memories of how you always looked after all of us when we stayed together in retreats, prayed for me in the darkness of those nights I struggled despite your tired condition and never said No to giving a hand in every single aspect. You have shown how great a leader and follower you can be and may God Himself reward you for the way you have blessed all of us in our lives~ I love you!!! *hugz~~~

Juliana :
Ha~ Juliana the cute, funny girl who is also termed to be a big eater...LOL! Though you couldn't make it for our last farewell, hope to see you in our soon-to-be FUN TRIP to Malacca. As the old saying goes, "If the mountain can't come to Mohamed, then Mohamed must go to the mountain"...And yesh, my sleeping bag since our last last trip to Shah Alam Hutan...LOL! It has apparently gone to a visit in Malacca I heard =p Hmmm~ Juliana, a sister who never fails to emit joy to people around her whenever she is present. A cheerful person who always makes us smile and never minds helping out whenever she can, be it preparing refreshment, arranging chairs, picking up rubbish in the room, washing dishes or leading games and prayer...Remember the time the 3 of us (you, me and Irene) slept together for the first time in PD, how you were so scared you couldn't bathe in time as you always took half an hour but there were around 11 of us all waiting to use the one bathroom...hahaha~ but you managed to complete your task within 7 minutes every day! That was so remarkable~teehee~ And for the last time, I Must MUST mention the time we went to church together in PD also, how you randomly greeted shocked strangers from the car, how we all sang together to annoy the drivers...LOL!!! We have had a wonderful time together and I shall miss you a lot too~!!! *hugz~

Eddy :
LOL! Last but not least, the infamous Uncle Eddy, well known for his legendary "sweat" and "peace" poses, though personally I don't think these two mix well together. But oh well, that's you right? To me, uncle Eddy is a very humble and generous person who never minds lending us his car on long trips, cheering us up when we are depressed, encouraging us when we are down and yea, Eddy shows us through works and not words, how much he loves God and his life has been a testimony to all of us. His sharing, his caring~ everything...He makes time for God however busy he is and works hard in glorifying God through his daily life and even his studies~ We can always count on to Eddy if you need someone to talk to, crap to, ask for solutions to problems~ and I'll always always remember the Easter Eggs incident somewhat in 2007(i think) when I burst almost all the Easter Eggs coz I cooked them too long or something and it was 12.30am at night~!!! I remember how you comforted me and advised me~ Hmmmm~ That, was the most memorable incident with you *** Oh Eddy! We all want to bless you and Dar Dar to have a "happily ever after" ending in God's presence...You will definitely make a good husband and father *winkz winkz~ Remember to invite us to your wedding aa!!! Your LDR is history in our Christian Fellowship~ =D


What a long post(as usual)~ Hmmmm~ Next up is the novel of a story(which will be broken up into separate parts for the convenience of my ever loyal readers) - CF camp 2009~~~!!!

Before I end this post, just want to say, UTAR CF is a great place with great people because we have a GREAT GOD!!! I love all of you and just want to tell you how blessed I am to get to know you~ May we continue to uphold each other to grow and GLOW for HIM everyday~ =) All praise be to GOD!

No comments: