Wednesday, 16 September 2009

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Hmmmm~ this is going to be a super super random post.

Lili lala short report of the day : Went out with Mike to update CF account book and post off those thank you cards and receipts to Lydia and Sui Li (* and just realised our list of addresses are not complete, ooops!)Have to mail the others some other time :S Then we went to eat chicken rice at the pasar underground there. THE UNCLE TOOK AWAY MY PLATE OF NOT EVEN HALF CONSUMED RICE (I finished the meat la) coz he thought I was done. HMMMPH! (Okay, in his defence, perhaps he would say it's because I was too intrigued in talking that's why he thought I was ready to go.)

Anyway, "finished" eating, getting a bun for dinner, and reached home at 12.15pm =.=||| super early. Then Jac called me confidently to ask me out for lunch with the other girls at Friendz cafe which I've been hanging out with random people for 3 days straight on actually. So I drank iced Apple Ribena(copycat-d the others coz lazy to choose something else) and prepared to online, only to find that there was literally NO BATTERY in my laptop...kosong...completely empty (T_T) and I just charged it FULL the last time I used it neh! == Anyway, since our table could not reach the plug, I had to wait for the girls to leave before I could check my mail at another table.

Okay... Let's skip the boring routine part of my day. When eating my bun with cake for dinner just now, I was just randomly going through Xiaxue's achieves when I read something HORRIBLE! I totally understand how cheated she feels! I mean, even if it's for our own good.

SERIOUSLY~ I didn't know I've actually ATE WORMS by the dozens before!EWWWWWWWW~~~@@@@!!!!

You see, because of my weak immune system in primary 4 i think( the year I had banyak operations that time), my nice grandmother used to reneh(boil) Cordyceps soup for me every week, and it is pronounced as "Dong Chong Chou" in Cantonese marh...(not a very suspicious name). Well, because it was boiled with red dates, soup bones and a lot of good stuff, it tasted pretty sweet and after drinking the soup or essence of the connection, I would eat up ALL the remains of the so called by grandmother "worm like grass gathered in the hills" which is very very good for your health.

And look what they ACTUALLY ARE! According to "vitaminstuff.com", Cordyceps sinensis is a type of fungus that has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for thousands of years. Cordyceps is also known as Chinese catepillar fungus (you must be going wad the heck now), because it is a parasite that grows on the Tibetan caterpillar until the caterpillar dies, at which point it sprouts a mushroom. The Chinese have long used cordyceps to promote overall good health, and modern research indicates that cordyceps does indeed support liver, kidney, heart, and immune system function. It also appears to act as an antioxidant in the body, protecting it from free radical damage.



To cut it short, it is, in other words, a kind of FUNGUS grown on a caterpillar CORPSE :S OH MY GOODNESS! To think I ate dozens and dozens of them at one go, thinking how sweet and juicy those HERBS were! (O.o) Poor cheated kid!

Anyway, the thing is, they are freakishly expensive k? So anything that pricey and doesn't kill you can only be good I guess? *self comforting~

Enough of smelly worms. Let's talk about something nice and sweet...Erm...I have been using my Watson's Beer Mask consequently for two days now! Reason I chose the beer wax over the others is coz it is the only one which smells bearable. Not overpowering, sickly sweet or whatsoever. AND I GOOGLED beer treatment for hair and it's supposed to be awesome!!! So anyway, my review on the product which I bought ages ago but never really SERIOUSLY used it :

It really works for my dry and stiff hair especially if you really take care to massage the stuff into the roots of your hair and all over. Instead of waiting like a stupid retard and doing nothing, what I normally do when I bathe is, step 1 : brush my teeth , step 2 : clean my face, step 3 : Wash my hair and squeeze it dry =.=, step 4 : put on Hair Mask or conditioner whatever and massage it very thoroughly into whatever dry or problematic places, then shower and SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB my body for a long long time whilst waiting for the mask to do its work. Then I rinse my body before I wash off the mask.

Looks like this but it is the Beer one)

My hair smells wonderful now and it's quite soft and shiny without putting on any extra serum, crystal lotion or leave on conditioner! And no, it's not the oily oily kind. WEEEEEE~!

On a side note, VASELINE is still the best for dry cracked lips and heels!!! I know all they say about Petroleum in beauty products is not good and whatnot but hey, this is the only product which is cheap and really really good in the market!

Mummy introduced it as the universal skin miracle for dry skin(in whatever places) since we were very young. And we always have a big jar of it at home. Nevertheless, I stopped using it when I got exposed to fancier products such as pretty pink lip balms and so on.

Neh~ Anyway, the thing is, my lips were dry, parched and flapped no matter how much water I drink...dry windy weather is bad for our skin in general so I was constantly using my Clinique Lip Balm treatment(the one which comes in a classy looking lipstick-like tube and has no fragrance or color) which mummy gave me last time. But considering that you have to keep reapplying it at regular intervals, I wouldn't say it really works for me.

So I caught sight of this mini jar of Vaseline on my tiny side ABC table, looking a bit dusty on the lid. I think I bought it sometime earlier this year to keep in my handbag and apply on the hind part of my flats during such occasions when I want to wear pretty shoes that hurt me 15 minutes after I get into them. And the hurting never stops! But Vaseline works miracles! It's a "solution" recommended by the Gingerbread girl last time.



OH! Back to the point! What I was going to say is, VASELINE cured my lips overnight! They were bleeding, cracked and parched...super painful...but it was as right as rain in the morning. I didn't even need a second application!

I guess this is another highly recommended product despite what critics may say...:)


******************Okay, it's getting late and I have to get back to my notes for tomorrow's exam!!! TOODLES!

No comments: