
Yes indeed, I have always felt very strongly against children whom their parents slaved so hard to get them into a good U overseas, sold their rubber plantation or whatever. Only to have these children migrate overseas to work upon graduation...with their wives, their families...and leaving the old to fend for themselves, yet bearing in mind that these two old people GAVE UP a better future for themselves to give their children a brighter prospect. Worse still! Most of the children who migrate overseas, NEVER send money home! Or maybe once a year!
I call it really ungrateful...
Yes, perhaps your elderly parents(of course) refused to take your money. But it IS your duty to provide for them okay? Don't take that as an excuse not to send any money home. Yes, your parents said "They have enough to go by." But can you help to make their lives better? Think about their monthly medical expenses! Think about their trips to go down to whatever Hospital for appointments and checkups. Were you there for them? Did you help to pay for them? NO! And a phone call just to ask how they are is actually nothing practical. At least, to me.
But if you can go on family trips to other countries overseas...expensive and luxurious holidays else where...Splurge on branded clothing...WHY CAN'T YOU JUST HAVE THE HEART TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR PARENT'S NEEDS?
One of mummy's greatest wish was to go on an airplane. But she never got the chance. Was it because of lack of money? No. Dad too, until today, has never been airborne. WHY??? Because they sacrificed their chances on our food, our education, our well-being(Oh our medical expenses!) and so much more!
This is one of my greatest regrets. That I didn't get to send mummy overseas with my money I earn from work. Though she's in a much better place now. I still live to regret this, somehow. So I promised myself, before I get the chance to go overseas(properly, not just Singapore again), I will save money to send dad(or BRING dad) for a trip somewhere.
God willing...I can do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment