Sunday, 8 February 2009

Super Belated CF retreat post


yada~ yada~ I know, I know this is like "decades" too late for the post...But who cares, it's my blog and it's not commercial and I have the perfect freedom to blog when I want k? Don't be demanding...haha

So...erm...On the 2-4 of January 2009, we had this wonderful CF retreat at Taman Pertanian for 3 days and 2 nights...members who went there consisted of

The story begins...

(part one...stay tuned for more...coz terlalu panjang to type in one go)
Dear brother Andrew came all the way purposely to fetch us from Jaya One (where I bought a mini tube of toothpaste and packet of Plasters at 7-11 coz i forgot to bring those due to my forgetfulness) to the very "pedalaman" place of the Hutan Pertanian in his church van...*really salute his heart to serve...We were, as expected super noisy and happy in the van...aahahahhahaa...so merry...

Oh well, this WAS suposed to be our schedule...but due to unforeseen circumstances, events(ei, did NOT go wrong la~)changed a little little bit...

PLAN A

Friday:
2-3pm - Arrival & check in + debriefing
4-5pm - cleaning & unpack
5-6pm - jalan-jalan & lepaking in the jungle
6-8pm - dinner
9-11pm - Team Building
1130pm - sleep

Saturday:
8-9am - rise & shine + breakfast
9-10am - Devotion by Michael Wlm
10-11am - Prayer Session
11-1pm - 1st discussion : reflections & feedback
1-2pm - lunch
2-4pm - 2nd discussion - CF structure & programmes
4-6pm - 4 seasons house & cycling
6-7pm - rest + mandi
7-8pm - dinner
8-11pm - 3rd discussion - CF programmes & PIC
1130pm - sleep

Sunday
830-930 - rise & shine = breakfast
10am - Sunday service @ SAGC
1pm - lunch
2pm - arrives PJ



okay, there we were, all hyped up from the hour long trip (or was it longer? didn't really notice...LOL)...and the air was like super fresh, super quiet when we got down from the car...After debating and wondering which wonderful Wooden house we would get to live in...we got into the Rumah Kedah (hey, not bad...haha)and were at once, greeted by a troop of all too "warm and loving" mosquitoes...errr...not a good sign...

However, I had bought along my repellent spray *so ingenious of me =p and even additional repellent stickets (which don't really work though) so i shared my small bottle of spray with the girls...and HEY, we got instant protection ^@^ sorry la guys, not enough to go around for 3 days lerh...and anyway, the lemon grass smell stinks...haha...I'm super attractive to our winged little vampire friends, so cannot blame me for taking extra precaution.

Hmmm~ so we gals kinda swept out the place cincai-ly~ coz it was already quite clean ...and as it was drizzling, only the guys went out for the "jalan-jalan & lepaking in the jungle"...Meanwhile, we, the SMART girls went to check out the public bathroom and toilet erm...pondok? And decided we would bathe to save time "rebut-ting" with the guys later...The place was quite clean...haha...erm...but Juliana discovered a big spider whilst she was half-way through bathing and the brave girl managed to half close her eyes and carry on...LOL...Our courageous sister Jane (who looks very Si man)later marched into the bathroom with a STICK and killed it b4 bathing...it was so funny...Then we girls did our "facial routine" in the room and when the guys returned and bathed, we had dinner...*once again, thanks a million to our advisor Mr Sian Lerk who drove all the way out and tapao-ed the many packets of "zap fan" back to us besides buying us some mosquito coils? dunno wad it's called...but that is what saved the lot of us from being eaten alive at night...haha... Poor Ju bought her own "rabbit food" as she had some kinda Indigestion problem at the moment and could not consume oily food...

After an hour's rest, during which we wasted 6 minutes plus of our life listening to a very very silly "Charlie the Unicorn song of PUT A BANANA IN YOUR EAR" (have you read anything equal to the title?), we had this mini team-building led by Mr Sian Lerk, okok, fine, Sian Lerk, cut out the MR...

We were all "crippled" and had to work as a team...In my team, Irene and a very insecure Darren were blind, Ray was HANDicapped, Ju was dumb *HEY, not in a negative way! and...and errr...I was lame *no pun intended okay? Erm...d worst part came when I had to be carried and no one in my team could do it...Okay, first of all, i wan2 clarify, I'm not fat or wadever... I'm 45 kg and 160 cm but among all, only Ju was whole and she is so thin also, cannot carry me...Irene lagi worse, she has the same weight as me but taller...so somehow,the girls carried my hands and feet *I was so afraid I would fall...and we fumbled our way*or in my case, dangled* down the wooden staircase.

At the first station we kena tipu-ed by sian Lerk. We had to put our legs into a pail consisting a horrible mixture (we were told) of weird stuff and a dead COCKROACH inside...and grab some coins out with our toes...Ewwww...the name of thatterrible insect alone gave me creeps...Erm, I was lame that time, so on a really positive (hallelujah) note, I did not need to participate...I gave instructions instead and tried to be encouraging =S...errrrr...hey, but i really really meant wad i said...Everybody was so super awesome and brave!!!I was so touched!!!

*Ju kept wanting to speak...haha...but she was threatened with punishment to refrain her...LOL...poor Ju...

No comments: