Saturday, 9 June 2012

Aunty Berjaya!

YES! We did it!


Okay la, the story goes like this. This week our CG has two outings. One outdoor session for Saturday. And another big outing on Sunday. A bit paiseh, coz it's June already and this is our first outing during to hectic schedules and exams and what not.

Anyway, today's outing a bit pathetic at first. Only Si En, Pamela(newbie) and me. We went to Bukit Gasing coz Pamela is from Kuching, and has never been there. She is a erm...nature lover.

So geared with gusto, I actually went to buy a proper pair of sport shoes for the occasion. Coz I have NIL number of sport shoes since erm...2008. Yea. That's how unsporty I am. My idea of working out is dancing "Praise Dance" or aerobic moves in my room following my instructor on a DvD =.=||| OR Swimming once a year. LOL! But I walk quite a good bit every day to and fro work. Though that doesn't count, come to think of it.

FINE.

This morning, it was drizzling. And the previous night was still stuffy and HOT like mad. I so wanted to sleep and FFK at 6.30am. But I dragged myself up to pack and get ready for 7.15am.

At 7.13am, Si En texted us girls to say that:

1. He would be a bit late.
2. He thinks we might have to change our plans as it looks like it's raining a.k.a dangerous to run up a hill.

I stuffed a clean pair of slippers into my backpack for backup plan.

Si En reached at 7.21am (Walao, that also considered a bit late meh). Upon getting into his car, we talked about going for breakfast and calling it a day.

We were going to fetch Pamela near Tun Hussein Onn Eye Hospital. When suddenly there was a sound of honks and tyres skidding. Minor accident happened right in front of our eyes. Mad driver was speeding and cutting the car in front of us from the LEFT! So the poor car in front of us lost a side mirror. Nice car somemore. Looked new.  And the poor victim was actually going to Tun Hussein Onn Eye hospital to see doctor initially. Lidat also can kena bang. And thank God, we tak kena. We were the next car in line.

So somewhat dazed. We fetched Pamela and Si En said since we were so early, might as well go Klang to eat Bak Kut Teh.

Me: " Wow, initial plan is to lose weight and now by cancelling it, we double our weight in eating fatty food super early in the morning"

Si En: " Okay la, tell you what. Since you two have never been around that site, I take you for a short car tour so you girls get an idea of how this bukit looks like k. Then we go makan."

Us: "ONZ!"

On the way...

Me: " People, do you mind if I change my shoes now. Since we're cancelling plan A right."

Them: "Change la. Go ahead."

Me :" okay done. ^^"

2 minutes later, when we're half way there...

Si En: "Mei San, the rain has stopped. I think you can change your shoes again. We're going for the climb."

Me : "..."

Upon reaching...

WOW! Cars are lined up like pasar pagi and groups of aunties and uncles are all preparing to go up. And when I say groups, I MEAN GROUPS! As in, the entrance there has around 40 plus people preparing to start their exercise liao.

So we parked our car a bit further away and started The Climb...Before even reaching the entrance.

Si En : " Wow! I'm tired ady. Haha!"

Us :" Walao! Belum start neh."

Okay, they told me that Bukit Gasing is something like Bukit Tampin. WRONG LORH! NO LORH! I kena cheat liao.

At the beginning, it's like mounting Batu CAVES laaa! Hundreds and hundreds of steps...

The two of them went so steadily you know. While I huffed and puffed like the big bad wolf from the story of The Three Little Pigs. And SO MANY PEOPLE LAAAA! Going the same direction, or the opposite direction.

After 10 minutes of non-stop climbing up steps...

Me :" Hey guys, can I have a short rest. As in, please don't go so fast...Steps are my weak point."

People badgering behind me...


Them: "Walao! Mei San, no lah, nobody stops to rest here. So many people behind you. You must continue going on, there is a half point. You have to go on, don't stop your engine. "

After another 5 minutes of non-stop climbing and steeper slopes...Si En decided that he had to be a gentleman and has to go behind to see that none of us falls back.

Me :" WALAO! Remind me what I'm Doing here again. "

Them :" Don't worry Mei San. If you fall, you fall on Pamela and Si En only. But keep going, coz the traffic is still flowing."

Me :" (deciding to gain sympathy from the more sympathetic of the two) Pamela dear, please help me up.

So just like that, with grips and holds from hands above, we somewhat managed to get to the HALF POINT. 


Me :" (Huffs and puffs) Yay! I see hope! Are we near the end of our climb? Can we go home now please?"

Them :" Erm...Mei San, this is like the first rest point. Watch Tower. Long way to go somemore. Like, almost AN HOUR?"

Me :"WALAO! *sinks into a rest with another old aunty who chooses to sit there and wait for her team to finish their rounds.

Them :" Mei San, let's climb this Watch Tower and watch the view from up there!"
 (note: it has like another berpuluh slanting steps)

Me : " No thank you. You guys take pictures for me to see la. I'm aunty. 我不行了."

(Then I got comforted after hearing from the TROOPS behind us, that the Climb was the worse part of the entire journey)


Them: " Okay, we're down now. Apparently there's loads of alternative routes, but we don't know which track to follow. We just follow the big groups ahead k..."

Me : " Fine. "

(There was a lot of descending down and down slopes...Then I saw a flight or Stairs ahead again)

Me :" WHY ARE WE DESCENDING SO MUCH to ascend again. WHY???" *despair~

Them :" Dunno...but it's a One Way. Just follow the crowd."

Me : "(O.o)"

There were few grips to hold on to lorh...and my kaki, if you know me, cannot really climb high punya. Coz my muscles were underdeveloped. So in the end, some random aunties even asked me whether I needed help. WALAO I am so MPSSKAN lorh!
Thank God Pamela and Si En helped me along banyak. I felt so aunty and loser-ish lorh!!!!

Anyway, dunno HOW the regulars do it. So many people JOGGING and running up or down the slopes...And greeting EVERYONE "good morning" as they pass by. I don't even have the strength to talk! (Though miraculously there's breathe to keep complaining and asking for a rest) Somemore ada orang bring DOG up! WALAO!

They said my turbo got started when the dog was behind me.

YES! I heard a heavy panting from low down. And they asked me to walk steadily, coz there's a dog on a chain right behind me.

THEN I SAW IT!!! WALAO why would you bring a DOG on such a climb worh!!!!

That's when I SKIPPED to the front and started going on for real. LOL! I AM SO MPSSKAN LARH!

Them :" Mei San, seriously, you should work out more often to be fit...This is not even challenging enough. Next trip we go Broga Hill."

Me :" Then please don't invite me. I am excluded from THAT list okay."

IN THE END...

After getting lost, and going up a flight of steep stairs towards the end TO FIND OUT that it LED to the EXTREME part of the hill climb. We went down again, the same way we went up, (much to my dismay) and made our way back.

Then had happy breakfast together! Actually I was only in the mood for mineral water, an apple and bananas. Coz working out makes me tired, and lose appetite. But Pamela dear and Si En were both feeling ravenous!

I still don't understand the point of putting back on all the oil we have burned away by eating lots of food after a work out.

So I somewhat managed to eat a bit. Then I went home and had my apple.

And am feeling hyper NOW after sugar boost. =.=|||

Back to lesson planning! 




No comments: