Saturday, 20 October 2012

It's Finally Over

It was a beautiful wedding, so simple, yet so perfect in terms of deco, ceremony, words...people.

Horrible first experience as co-emcee, thankfully though, with Wincent gor gor who is an experienced host, but has only emcee-ed for weddings once.

We went through a long rehearsal (almost two hours) last night. Had a meeting with the bride the week
before and came out with the script.

Oh, yea, why I said it was horrible? COZ WE TOTALLY FORGOT TO ASK THE CONGREGATION TO STAND DURING THE FIRST BLESSING(Yum Seng) when the bride's dad was already toasting! =.=||| WHY WHY WHY!!! Then pastor in front was like motioning super frantically so we asked everyone to stand ONLY during the second toast. PAISEH HORH!

Okay...my experience today.

Went for proper makeup and hairdo for the first time for the occasion. Everyone said it looks perfectly natural, fine and pretty. But I'm not used to getting up like this, and I don't look like myself in real person. My nose is sharp, I have double eyelids, my lips became smaller, cheekbones super prominent and hair was super neat and chic, pinned and sprayed into a very simple twist and plaited bun!  (Oh well, perhaps that's how I will look like at my wedding, if I ever get married! Photos are still the same coz my smile is my smile. =.=)

Didn't get to take any pictures the whole day, from church to the lunch and all. Coz I was seated right next to the stage, with Wincent, his wife and toddler boy. Food was good and we had sufficient time to eat all the dishes with lots of surplus food(coz our table berapa orang sahaja you count later and tell me...haha)

The rest of my church mates were seated right at the far back of the hall. The crowd was HUGE. 60 plus plus tables. So yea, my church mates were really far away from the stage. But then, at least Wincent can talk with me. Talk about what aa? Haha...very =.=||| punya topics. Such as, how is my love life =.+||| , who is in love with who in Berea and MYF, difference between guys and girls and his sharing of his own experience in the past.

Oh yea, why even mention the topic aa,  coz super bored laa...at first there were only the 4 of us(Wincent, Winnie, plus baby boy and Dawn) at our table. Until some intruders who talk super loud came along, three of them, and sat down, totally ignoring us the whole time(we were the friendly ones).

Wincent gor gor's girl girl was left at home coz she's too young. (T_T).We had this spare lose hour before the luncheon, so we hung around at Wincent's house for another practice and then I played with both babies. One two years plus, another one year plus. I really like girl girl better, coz I can bond with her, even without having to play anything. I  think boy boy likes me too, but then, I just don't know what to do with him! :'( He keeps making me play with his cars. (And there are only so many things you can do with cars right?)I think I will be a bad mother if ever I get a son.


...

End of crapping.

I'm dead beat and want to faint. Haven't been sleeping well for a whole week liao. Not due to nervousness or anything, but coz I keep getting awful cramps! I can't imagine what I'll have to face when I'm pregnant! I may be super grumpy and bitchy and complain a lot. =.=||| So if there is such husbands that are not considerate and take pregnant wives for granted, well, off with your heads! I will so not marry someone like that!

Anyway, so I ended up skipping the My Fellowship (MYF combined meeting) at Klang today. I don't feel so bad la. Coz the last My Fellowship was a bad experience. With all the song leaders and some pastors trying to act super charismatic. Erm...don't get me wrong, I also came from a charismatic background once. What I want to say is, personally in my point of view, when we worship, we worship and the spirit leads us. We don't FAKE it. =.=||| What's with asking people to " Young people jump lah! Shout la! And the worship team getting super "high" themselves in front but neither music or worship touches and rings with our spirit within. Make a joyful noise? Yea right. Dunno larh. Somewhat appalled by the changes in once traditional churches today. Maybe today won't be like that la. But I have my reserves as well.

Please la, don't force people to do what they are uncomfortable with doing. I mean, I jumped with joy before, I dance, I cry sometimes, but all these were NOT faked lorh! Okay la, the last My Fellowship, I could still "shut down the noise" and focus on just me and God. But it still was kind of distracting lorh. You don't create atmosphere, you don't use music and words to touch people. God touches us, and we respond to Him. We don't have to fake it! Apa ini lah!  

ANYWAY, that's NOT the reason why I didn't go la. I mean, The wedding ended at 3.30pm and there was something wrong with all the parking auto-pay machines. So we waited until almost 4pm to get out.

Then I had to go section 14 to get something. At first Wincent gor gor insisted to wait for me until I'd finished my errands coz I'm dressed like this and will attract a lot of unwanted stares. But I didn't know how long I'd take. So I declined and walked home after that. On the way, I met some freaky uncle riding on a motorbike, who was stopping by the roadside and looked like he was waiting for me to pass. I waited until a lot of cars turned around the same bend then walked past him, gripping my bag tightly and keeping a quick distance away from him. He then proceeded to FOLLOW me(trail me slowly on his motorcycle) and he claimed he was waiting for me by the roadside to WARN me of potential snatch-thefts. He said something about robbers always lurking around that particular tree to trail people like me, and snatch our bags away! And he was still trailing me closely as he spoke! I backed away from him, and actually SCREAMED loudly at him to OKAY THANKS! JUST GO AWAY!!!! =______________________+  (*note: I am dressed very nicely with heels, makeup and nice hairdo also. So a lot of cars actually stopped to see what I was yelling about.) Talk about embarrassment right!

How am I to know whether he was a good or bad person right! Better be safe than sorry. Well, the uncle sped away on his motorbike RELUCTANTLY and said he was just trying to warn me coz I LOOK like I dunno of the danger. =.=||| Then he asked me where I was from!

I said I'M FROM HERE, THANKS GO AWAY!

Oh yea, so by the time I got home it was like 4.25pm. And there were loads of pins(total of 18, very painful to take out btw) stuck in my head, PLUS layers of makeup to remove. And the spray has made my hairbun as hard as plastic. Mana saya sempat gather at church by 5pm you tell me? Somemore last night tak tidur properly(this morning my whole face was swollen and eyes bengkak like mad, so I actually had to do a cold mask before getting my makeup and hair done), then this morning diarrhea for half an hour(happens a lot recently), and to make things better, I had to get my period early.

Okay la, talk so much liao, I just wanted to record what happened today, actually. Time to have a short rest before getting ready for my Sunday School lesson tomorrow.  Cheers! And stay beautiful!


(*Very random silly Note to Gail:

Oh haha, I can reuse today's dress during your wedding as your bridesmaid's dress. And it only costs RM 42.00 but looks really nice and expensive! Somemore everyone says it's decent and pretty. So can do lah. So okay liao, I am ready liao. XP   Kthanksbye.)



1 comment:

Gail said...

My goodness! Stop thinking of my wedding first dear girl, I have yet to be proposed to! Marriage is supposed to be one year after.