There are little things, little thoughts and tiny actions that can make a world of difference. Be it a smile, a warm handshake, an inquiry on one's health, a thoughtful gift, a lift back home in the rain ...etc. Don't let the word "insignificant" stop you from doing something which might encourage a person and make a great difference to them.
It was going to rain today and last minute our carpool's driver could not make it to church. From what I heard, today's MYF programme involved some weird feeding of bread and to be honest, I didn't feel inclined to go, initially. However, as Xiao Gang is a new believer and lives opposite me, I just called him and asked him whether he wanted to go church. Then I told him about what I knew bout the programme, and that it looked like it was going to storm. He said he would walk with me IF I wanted to go. (Walao internal struggle coz no taxi at that time). I told him I would teman HIM if HE wanted to go, would give him 5 minutes to make this important decision while I wrap Jimmy's present. And he texted me soon, saying that it would be best to go together since he was facing some problems, and didn't want to spend the time having more negative thoughts in his room.(Me: *thinks~ okay, sounds serious, let's go)
Nah, if you know me, I totally suck in dealing with guys and their problems, big or small. I feel totally helpless coz they are so different from girls...they seek not for a listener, but for a SOLUTION and me, the Dumbo, always fails to provide such.
But God is good, all the time.
We talked on the way to church, and through a bottle of soya bean(me) and apple juice for him. Turned out Xiao Gang was on the verge of breaking up with his latest girlfriend and had been crying for 3 days without proper food. =.=||| (This sounds very familiar huh)...Couldn't eat or sleep.
Then he told me that his mum just spoke about me and B during their phone conversation earlier today. Remember my earlier post when we went to visit Xiao Gang and his mum in Muar and prayed with her? He said his mum said I was a good girl with the gift of gab (=.=||||) and how our actions when we visited him after the Malacca camp last year had touched her. And that she remembered me and wondered whether we still kept in touch with her son and went to church together.(His mum is a non-believer)...Let us continue praying for her salvation.
Well, Xiao gang proceeded to tell me about his current situation, how he ran away from God, how he "betrayed" his gf's trust...and could not salvage this r/ship anymore. I heard him out and guess what? Today's programme by the name of "Love Feast" was totally about Love and Forgiveness. Dear God, coincidence or what? We watched a portion of the Passion of Christ(The most gory part actually) and cried together. And God reminded me again of what He had told me last year. The reason why I fail to forgive yet again, is because I keep focusing on my tiny hurt, instead of His big and tremendous Love.
After that, we had this pretty amazing sharing session where I was paired up with Xiao Gang. And we shared about people who had hurt us and we could not forgive. (Nah, XJ, remember what we spoke about this afternoon?) Yea. And we prayed together and me and Xiao Gang cried together (=______+), then everyone had to write encouraging notes to each other.
So Xiao Gang told me how everything started falling apart in this r/ship ever since it started and he ran away from God. And he could not forgive himself for betraying his gf. I know God spoke to Him while we were praying together...through the parable of Jesus as the Grape tree and us as His branches. For without Him, we are nothing, and cannot bear fruit. But though we may have been rebellious and resorted to our own ways, turning away from Him. Our Father loves us all the same, and has never forsaken or given up on us.
Xiao Gang is a new believer but he insisted and PERSISTED to pray for me after I prayed for him. And God spoke to me through his simple prayer which caused my tears to flow as God's spirit touched us, and even in his note to me after the breaking of bread which read something like this(original in Chinese):
"No matter how long things have passed, there will be a solution some day. So you should not choose to avoid or run away from the problem. God is still among both of you and looking after you. He will not let the two of you be "enemies(he meant not friends la)" forever, for you belong to the same family of Christ together. And I believe that God means you to be good friends. May our Lord look after you and bless your friendship. God loves you."
Xiao Gang
24/03/2012
And James fetched us home, I totally forced Xiao Gang to share a Naan with me downstairs(coz I could not eat as well), and forced a point on him, that a r/ship is a thing between two people, but he should not let his body suffer by starving it, as it would break his mother's heart and he was her only son(I got this from Kricia and Deb last time). Xiao Gang then asked me how to do daily devotion, which he means to start and begin a proper r/ship with God. (Xiao Gang never reads the bible aside from church time normally, and he refuses to). So this is a huge step, remember to pray for him. Anyway, I came home and found this song:
Seriously, the melody is totally not captivating, but the lyrics mean such a lot to me.
Here's sharing:
約書亞 在祢手中
(P/s: Do read the comments by the viewers and description of this song by the person who posted in this clip when you click the link k.)
...
...
...
...
...
...
On a totally UNRELATED side note and mini entry here for the record...
Today, I met up with XJ, after dunno how many donkey months liao. And he had just come back from Taiwan. I think we spent around 4 hours or more(isit?)eating and talking. And after that teman me go get Jimmy's hard-to-find budget present and my sunday school CHEAP paper plates for craft.
Okay, I am really glad that we can still be friends...and nothing much has changed. And it was not as awkward as I secretly feared. MAD SCARED INSIDE actually. Haha~I am such a coward...BUT I can so put on a brave front if I want to. So I am very thankful to our Father for this. By the word this, I am actually referring to our friendship and meetup, not my false brave front okay. As I have mentioned before, 大家各有各的路奔跑,各有各的使命去完成.加油吧!神一样爱他每一位子女,在同一片天下,也一样眷顾我们的需要. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment